Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
Who doesn’t love pizza! It is just one of those lazy foods that we pick up or order in so we don’t have to do much cooking. Yep, it is one of our family favourites. I feed the kids this on swimming night. It’s easy to make, delicious, and making it fresh doesn’t take as long as you would think. The only effort is in the keading, and if you’ve made bread before this will come easy.
This recipe is my own, but I am not ashamed to say that I’ve cooked many online recipes prior to creating this to make sure I knew what I was doing. This creation is the best I’ve made a pizza. The pizza base is light and crispy but without being paper thin. It definitely leaves you filling fulfilled but not weighed down.
I shall leave the toppings up to you. I’ve gone with a mozzarella and pepperoni on top of my own homemade tomato sauce. I will post that up soon.
300g Strong White Bread Flour (You can get 1.5kg for less than a £1)
200ml of warm water (I just combine half boiling and half cold water)
2 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil (You can use olive oil if you prefer)
10g Sea Salt
1 Tbsp of Sugar
1 Sachet of Fast Acting Yeast
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Mix well, but be careful not to put the salt directly onto the yeast. I put the yeast in first, mix and then add the salt.
- Add the liquids and mix and knead until they combine to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Rest in the mixing bowl for 30 mins. Make sure it is covered with food wrap or a tea towel.
- Use some flour to dust a clean work surface. Scrape out the dough with a plastic spatula. You can use your hands if you want. You now need to knead your dough for about 15-20mins.
- Place back into the mixing bowl to rest for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 220C (200 for fan assisted), Gas mark 7 or 425 F.
- Knock out the dough by flattening hit out with your palms and then use your fingers to poke dimples in the dough.
- Dust a clean work top with flour. Cut dough into two halves and use a rolling pin to stretch out the dough.
- Dust a round pizza tray with flour and place your dough on tray and folder the edges to make your crust.
- Add the pizza toppings. Cook for 15-20mins, Hey presto, you have a pizza that’s far better than a shop bought pizza. I would say it rivals any takeout or restaurant pizza