Meat Feast Pizza Recipe
This is my go to recipe for pizza dough. It is tried and tested, and it’s superb. My kids favourite pizza is a meat feast from dominoes. This is far cheaper and much more fun, I let the kids help out and we have it on a saturday night watching Strictly Come Dancing. For this occasion I made some coconut coleslaw which helps cut through all the meat and cheese. It’s the perfect pairing in my opinion.
Ingredients (Makes 2 x 12 inch pizzas)
300g Strong White Bread Flour (You can get 1.5kg for less than a £1)
200ml of warm water (I just combine half boiling and half cold water)
2 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil (You can use olive oil if you prefer)
10g Sea Salt
1 Tbsp of Sugar
1 Sachet of Fast Acting Yeast
2 pork sausages (empty the meat from the sausage, season with oregano or spices and roll into small balls)
1 cooked chicken breast
16 slices pepperoni
150g grated mozzarella
Extras – Coconut Coleslaw See full recipe and method here
Half red cabbage
1 Whole carrot
1 tub of natural yoghurt
1 packet of desiccated coconut ( You can buy yoghurt with the coconut already incorporated)
1 tsp dried mint
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp honey
1 tsp garlic granules
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Mix well, but be careful not to put the salt directly onto the yeast. I put the yeast in first, mix and then add the salt.
- Add the liquids and mix and knead until they combine to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Rest in the mixing bowl for 30 mins. Make sure it is covered with food wrap or a tea towel.
- Use some flour to dust a clean work surface. Scrape out the dough with a plastic spatula. You can use your hands if you want. You now need to knead your dough for about 15-20mins.
- Place back into the mixing bowl to rest for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 220C (200 for fan assisted), Gas mark 7 or 425 F.
- Knock out the dough by flattening hit out with your palms and then use your fingers to poke dimples in the dough.
- Dust a clean work top with flour. Cut dough into two halves and use a rolling pin to stretch out the dough.
- Dust a round pizza tray with flour and place your dough on tray and fold the edges to make your crust. Use a fork and poke the pizza before adding the tomato base and cheese.
- Add the pizza toppings. Cook for 15-20mins, Hey presto, you have a pizza that’s far better than a shop bought pizza. I would say it rivals any takeout or restaurant pizza